Hotly contested video. The question remains, is the science behind the potato fire bonafide or bogus? We have yet to try it over here at WonderHowTo, and the comments thus far haven't indicated a solid verdict. Try it out and let us know! Is this a hoax? Or can you truly start a fire with a potato, salt and toothpaste?
Process is as followed:
Cut a potato in half. Hollow out one side of the potato. Fill with a mixture of salt and tooth paste. Using toothpicks, poke holes to insert electrical wires into the other half of the potato. Assemble both halves and secure with toothpicks. Attach combustible material to one wire and wait 5 minutes. Connect wire. And...
You tell us. Fire in the hole?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades