In order to create an explosion, using Calcium Carbide, you'll need the following: calcium carbide, water, a dropper, and a lighter. Place a small chunk of calcium carbide in a petri dish. Fill the dropper with water. Light the lighter and hold it close to the calcium carbide, while you drop a drop of water onto the calcium carbide. Pull the dropper back immediately. The explosion should be instantaneous. From this chemical reaction the following is formed: calcium hydroxide and acetylene. For a variant on this process, you can crush the calcium carbide to make a fine dust. Scatter the dust around the dish, before adding water and spark.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades