Find out how everything in a chemistry lab works, from pipettes to burners to recrystallization to storage. You'll get precise instructions on how to work and perform certain scientific duties in the chem lab, whether it's chemical or just ordinary high school science.
Watch this video on how to use a Bunsen burner in the chemistry lab. The Bunsen burner consists of a barrel of an air-regulator, a gas-regulator, and a base.
Insufficient air supply causes a yellow flame of incomplete combustion. The experimental apparatus gets covered with soot if it is heated with a yellow flame. In extreme cases, carbon monoxide poisoning might occur.
Reduce the air first and reduce the gas next. The reversed operation might cause a backfire in the barrel. If a backfire occurs, immediately turn off the main gas cock without touching the barrel and cool the burner completely with a wet cloth.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades