Find out how everything in a chemistry lab works, from pipettes to burners to recrystallization to storage. You'll get precise instructions on how to work and perform certain scientific duties in the chem lab, whether it's chemical or just ordinary high school science.
Watch this video on how to use a volumetric pipette and filler in the chem lab. The volume of a volumetric pipette is the volume of a liquid going out completely from the pipette which is filled up to the marked line.
In order to avoid volume disorder, volumetric laboratory glasswares such as volumetric pipettes should not be dried by heating. The wet glasswares are rinsed with the liquid to be used just before use.
Hold near the end of a volumetric pipette to be inserted and insert it softly into a safety pipette filler. Otherwise, they might be broken. When the tip of the pipette goes out of the liquid surface during drawing up it, air comes suddenly into the pipette and the liquid comes into the filler.
Adjust the meniscus of the liquid to the line by dropping the liquid after pulling out the tip of the pipette above the surface of the liquid in the container. The adjusted meniscus with the tip in the liquid may swerve when the tip is drawn out from the surface.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades