Obtain finely powdered iron oxide (rust), aluminum, and a thin strip of magnesium.
Mix them together in a 8:3 ratio (iron oxide: aluminum) in a ratio by weight. [Note that the since aluminum is so light, it will appear that it is about a 50-50 mix by volume].
Pour the mixture into a strong container, such as a cast iron container. Note that if you ignite the thermite, it will melt the cast iron though.
[select your site carefully]. Make sure there is nothing that can burn within four meter radius of the reaction.
Insert and light the magnesium strip and it will burn out in a few seconds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades