Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to dissolve glass with drain cleaner. They show you how to dissolve that glass with sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner).
Glass is nearly invulnerable to chemicals and thus why it's the preferred material for chemical containers and reaction vessels. But when exposed to molten sodium hydroxide even glass will dissolve.
To perform the reaction a steel container is used as it's resistant to the sodium hydroxide.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades