Aqua regia (königswasser in German) is a very corrosive liquid made from a mixture of nitric acid and hydrochloric acid (1:2 - 1:3). This chemical mixture is so corrosive that it can even dissolve gold, and that's what you'll learn about in this video.
The aqua regia will need to be heated to advance the chemical reaction, due to the low concentration of nitric acid. Highly toxic nitrous oxides will begin to form in the aqua regia, and soon the mixture will turn into tetrachloroauric(III) acid (aurochloric acid). This gold compound can be used in further chemical experiments, and to form different gold compounds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades