In this video, you will learn how to draw the Lewis Dot structure for CH3CH2OH, or drinking alcohol. To draw the first type of alcohol, draw H, C, C, O, and H horizontally. Now draw, an H above and below both C. Draw the dot structures in between each letter. Hydrogen has one valance electrons, Carbon has four, and Oxygen has six. Now, connect the Lewis Dot Structures. If you are given C2H6O, write down C, O, and C horizontally. Draw a line between the O and the C's. The Carbons will have three unpaired valance electrons each. Thus, place the H's around the C's so that they will become paired. Draw a line between the Hydrogen and Carbons. Viewing this video will show you just how easy it is to create Lewis Dot Structures.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades