This experiment is intended to introduce students to hydrated compounds. These compounds have water molecules coordinated in their chemical structures. Examples CuSO4*5H2O, BaCl2*2H2O, and NaC2H3O2*3H2O.
Notice each formula has a " between the compounds formula and the number of water molecules that are coordinated in the structure. The " represents a weak chemical bond known as a hydration bond. This bond is usually easily broken by heating the compound.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades