C For Chemistry delves into the chemistry of science experiments. This chemist knows what he's talking about. These chemistry experiments are not only fun, but very educational for all of those interested in scientific chemical reactions and properties.
This video tutorial will show you how to make charcoal (carbon) by the dehydration of sugar.
1. Add few grams of sugar to the beaker.
2. pour about the same volume of concentrated sulfuric acid to the beaker.
3. stirrer the beaker then stay away and wait.
4. Huge volume of pure charcol is then produced.
CHEMISTRY OF IT:
It is very common reaction which demonstrates the dehydrating and oxidizing properties of conc. Sulfuric acid. Sugar is first dehydrated to elemental Carbon and steam, Carbon is further oxidized to Carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide also produced by reduction of SO4 2-.
Check out more of C for Chemistry science videos on WonderHowTo.
Music: Monkoto by Kevin MacLeod @ Incompetech
Licensed under Creative Commons "Attribution 3.0"
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades