Check out this instructional science video to learn how to make a compass floating in glass of water. You will need a sewing needle, a standard refrigerator magnet, and a piece of toilet paper. Nestle the needle into the toilet paper and place it into a glass of water. The toilet paper will absorb the water and inevitably sink, but the needle will become an instant compass pointing north and south without fail. Have fun with this science experiment with the kids by playing with the magnet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades