Homopolar motors tend to be typecast as simplistic in nature, and that's true for the most part. The bare minimum requirements are a battery, conductor, and magnetic field, but when it comes to Valentine's Day, they're nothing short of complex.
At least, when it comes to the heart you put into it.
So, for all of you science and tech nerds out there with significant others, this is your Valentine's Day gift for February 14th. With all the thought and effort discharged from that deep down place you normally keep hidden, that emotional side that only gets in the way of your next great scientific feat, how could your loved one not enjoy this heart-shaped gift of homopolar rotation?
The flat heart-shaped wire is the most basic conductor for homopolar motors. The heart-shaped wire with legs is slightly more complex. But put them together into one spinning body and you have the perfect Valentine's gift.
What's that old saying? Two hearts are better than one?
Only on Valentine's Day.
PS: A neodymium magnet can also be used, instead of the bass speaker and coins.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades