If you love action and adventure then you've come to the right place. Get ready for a red-hot science explosion as the A-TV science superstars show you how to make your very own erupting volcano!
For this experiment, you'll need the following materials:
16oz soda bottle
To create your erupting volcano, follow these directions:
1. To make the volcano cone: Pour glue into the tray, making sure most of it is in the center. Glue the bottle in the center of the aluminum tray.
2. Using your hands, cover the entire surface of the bottle with glue.
3. Pour sand into the tray so your volcano looks like it's on a beach. Be careful not to get sand inside the bottle. Use food coloring to make it look like it is on an island. You might want to add some water or glue to the sand, to make it stickier.
4. When finished, let it dry for about an hour.
5. To create lava: Add some red and yellow food coloring to your ½ cup of vinegar.
6. Using a funnel, fill the bottle halfway through with warm water.
7. Add a squirt or two of soap to your bottle.
8. Slowly pour the vinegar into your cone.
9. To make your volcano erupt: Place 2 teaspoons of baking soda onto a tissue.
10. Twist up the tissue so it looks like a little pouch.
11. Strap on your goggles to protect your eyes from the eruption.
12. Drop the pouches into the volcano and watch it explode!
Remember that you should always work under adult supervision whenever you conduct experiments. So please don't do these projects alone.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.