Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to make fire 4 ways without matches by using chemistry, without matches or lighters.
WARNING: These experiments are for educational purposes only and are not meant to be repeated.
First, a small mount of potassium permanganate is mixed with glycerin. The reaction might be too slow to do anything so we added a few drops of water to get things going.
Second, a mixture of ammonium nitrate and zinc is place ontop of a paper towel. The finer the ingredients are the better this will work. To activate it a few drops of hydrochloric acid are added.
Third, a piece of tissue is soaked in acetone to make it more flammable. Then a drop of sulfuric acid is drawn into a pipette and the pipette is dipped in potassium permanganate to pick up some crystals. Then the sulfuric acid is squeezed out causing it to mix with permanganate and form manganese heptoxide that instantly sets the tissue on fire.
Fourth, sodium chlorate and sugar are thoroughly mixed and placed onto a tray. To activate the mixture sulfuric acid is added until it ignites.
Brought to you by one of WonderHowTo's favorite scientists NurdRage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades