How to Make a hand-powered fan
To build your own hand-powered fan, you'll need the following:
1 peanut butter jar lid
1 wooden kabob stick
1 paper clasp
1 plastic notebook divider
1 rubber band
1 small box
1. You will be putting 3 holes in your box, 2 in the front and 1 in the back, so have an adult help you. For the 2 holes in the front, 1 should be 2" from the top, the other 2 inches from the bottom. Gently take your nail and push it through the cardboard to create your holes. The hole in the back should be exactly opposite from the hole in the top front.
2. Take your hammer & nail two holes in each of your peanut butter lids. Make one hole in the center of your lid and another hole near the right edge. (This is an adult's job).
3. Take your thumb tacks & attach one of your corks to your peanut butter lid. You're going to push the tack through the hole that you just created on the right side of your lid. This is the handle.
4. To attach your handle to your box, take the paper clasp & push it through the center hole in the lid. Then, push the clasp through the bottom hole in the box.
5. Take your notebooks & cut them up to create fan blades. Cut out 4 strips of plastic about 1 inch wide.
6. Use one of the corks to make the fan wheel for the blades to rotate on. Take your cork and ask your adult helper to cut 4 slits in it. The cuts should be the same size as your fan blades. Make sure that the cuts are evenly spaced around the cork, & insert your fan blades into your corks by pushing each plastic strip into a slit.
7. Next, take your kabob stick and push them into the cork with the fan blades, using the pointy end. Take your fan and insert your kabob stick into the 2 holes at the top of your box. The kabob should go through the box & come out the back side.
8. Now take your last cork & push it onto the end of your kabob. Attach our rubber band to the cork on the handle and the cork on the kabob stick by wrapping it