Now you see it, now you don't! Team up with the science sleuths of A-TV to make your own invisible ink.
To follow along, you'll need these materials:
light bulb and light
grape juice concentrate
The steps for this science project are as follows:
1. To create your ink, add 1/2 cup of water to 1/2 cup of baking soda and mix it up really well.
2. Use your cotton swab as your pen. Write a message or two, and remember that you must let your ink dry completely (for about 10 minutes) before you try to reveal your secret letters with the "visible-izer."
3. There are 2 ways that you can reveal your secret messages. The first way is by painting over your paper with grape juice concentrate. The juice has an acid in it that reacts with the baking soda, so a different color appears wherever the baking soda mixture is.
4. You can also reveal your secret messages by holding your note up to a light bulb. When the baking soda gets warm it will turn brown and so will the letters on your piece of paper!
And remember: always kids should always work under adult supervision when conducting experiments.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades