Who said you can't play with your food? Join the A-TV science squad and learn how to make a rubbery bouncing ball out of pudding!
For this experiment, you'll need the following materials:
corn flour or pudding mix
2 plastic cups
The steps for creating your own bouncy ball are as follows:
1. First thing that you need to do is add 1/2 teaspoon of borax to 2 Tbs. of water. Stir the mixture until it is completely dissolved.
2. In another container, pour 1 Tbs. of glue and if you want to have a colorful ball, add a few drops of food coloring.
3. Now add 2 teaspoons of corn flour or pudding mix to the glue.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of the borax mixture and stir everything together really well.
5. Stir it up until your concoction becomes stiff. Take your mixture out of the container and knead the solution until it becomes elastic. This can be a bit messy but you need to do it. It should start sticking together and becoming more elastic.
6. You should knead your rubber balls for about 3 minutes. When you're done kneading, roll the dough into a ball. Once you have it nice and round, give it a bounce. Your rubber ball will last for a while, just make sure that you keep it in a plastic bag when you're not using it.
Have fun! And remember: kids should always work under adult supervision when conducting a scientific experiment.