Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to make strontium nitrate. They show you how to make strontium nitrate from strontium carbonate and nitric acid.
Strontium Nitrate is used as an oxidizer in some types of pyrotechnic compositions to give a brilliant red color. A well-known example is flares.
Actually making it is very simple. Just mix 45 grams of strontium carbonate, 100mL of water and 20mL of concentrated (15.6M) nitric acid and then boil down until it's dry.
Brought to you by one of WonderHowTo's favorite scientists NurdRage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades