If you want to make some electrodes for electrochemistry, titanium strips are the way to go. It's rather interesting metal, and it's really hard, but can be cut with standard metalworking tools. Titanium filings are highly flammable, just like iron filings. But not everything is what it seems… this quick video on titanium and passivation electrochemistry tells why it makes it a bad anode if used without further treatment.
Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to passivate titanium metal for electrochemistry with Dr. Lithium.
Brought to you by one of WonderHowTo's favorite scientists, NurdRage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades