In a previous video by NurdRage, he showed you how to make manganese sulfate ("How to make MnSO4 from MNO2 (two separate ways)"), but there can be situations where the iron in the precursor would carry over and contaminate the product. Recrystallization doesn't work for this high level of contamination, so a different approach is needed.
Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to purify manganese sulfate contaminated by iron sulfate with Dr. Lithium.
The process is called selective precipitation. By carefully controlling the amount of hydroxides in solution, we can precipitate out the iron hydroxides but leave manganese sulfate in the solution.
Brought to you by one of WonderHowTo's favorite scientists, NurdRage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades