It is a well known fact that due to the rotation of the Earth about its own axis has a bulging effect on the equator and a slight flattening effect at the poles. This experiment tries the reproduce the same effect using simple materials. All you need is a card stock paper, a wooden skewer, a rounded lid, a utility knife, a hole punch and scissor and clear tape / gum. Using all these materials you would be creating a object that rotates on the rounded tip of the skewer. The strips of card paper when attached to the two ends of the wooden skewer, will produce the same bulging effect as that of the Earth.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades