This video helps us understand the organic molecules and elimination reaction. Take some sugar in a beaker. Sugar has 12 carbon atoms, 22 hydrogen atoms and 11 atoms of oxygen. The sulphuric acid is poured into the sugar and the color change is observed. The color of the sugar gradually changes into black. The sulphuric acid causes an exothermic reaction which releases a large amount of sulphur dioxide gas. All the water (containing hydrogen and oxygen atoms) is eliminated out of the sugar due to the elimination reaction. A black lump of carbon rises out of the beaker as a result of this reaction.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades