This video is a discourse about saltatory conduction in the neurons. According to the author, it begins with the opening of a gate on the membrane of one of the dendrites of a neuron, and positive charge enters through this gate. The positive charge spreads throughout the cell, and gets dissipated as it spreads, so that, by the time it reaches the Axon hillock of the neuron, it is left with very little potential. However, the potential which results from the simultaneous excitement of many dendrites causes the sodium and potassium pumps to open in sequence, leading to a huge amplification in the signal. As the signal travels down the Axon, it is boosted by the action of the sodium and potassium pumps located at the Nodes of Ranvier, and in this manner it reaches the terminals.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades