In this video, we learn how to use high voltages using the Wimhurst machine. First, you must have a spinning wheel, double ended brushes, collecting combs, leyden jars, adjustable electrodes, and small metal plates. Once you connect all these together, you will notice the brushes on either side are perpendicular to each other and the wheel spin in opposite directions. Spin the wheel and then listen to the sound it makes. The plate will then charge with different electrons and create positive and negative charges on the opposite sides of the plate. As soon as it rotates, they will change to opposite charges than they were before!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades