Find out how everything in a chemistry lab works, from pipettes to burners to recrystallization to storage. You'll get precise instructions on how to work and perform certain scientific duties in the chem lab, whether it's chemical or just ordinary high school science.
Watch this video on how to use transfer pipettes and wash bottles in the chem lab. Transfer pipettes are basic apparatus employed when liquid reagents and samples are transferred in the laboratory. A pipette bulb should be chosen which fits to the pipette to be used.
It is recommended to know the approximate quantity of a liquid which is drawn by usual pipetting operation. It is also convenient to know the approximate quantity of one drop. It can be calculated by adding definite drops, for example 20 drops, of distilled water into a test tube with volumetric graduation and measuring the volume.
Wash bottles are used when distilled water is added continuously. Because inserting the tip of a transfer pipette and the wash bottle deeply into a container containing samples will cause contamination, it should be avoided. The contamination of the tip of a transfer pipette attached to a reagent bottle and a wash bottle crucially affects the experiment.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades