Relax PETA, it's not as evil as it looks (although those neural electrode implants do look painful).
RatCar is an animal-robot hybrid of sorts. A rat is suspended in air, while electrode implants enable the animal's brain signals to maneuver a motorized robot. Developed by a team of researchers at the University of Tokyo, RatCar is inarguably bizarre.
Why do they do it? To determine whether a vehicle (such as a wheelchair) can be controlled by brain signals. Read more at IEEE Spectrum.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades