Honest. WonderHowTo was more than skeptical!
But then we consulted the pros at Learn-Orienteering.org and got a lesson in navigation.
The watch face is a proven substitute for the magnetic compass (but this tutorial is for Northern Hemisphere only).
"If you have an analog wrist watch, you can use the time to find north. Hold your watch up in front of you, and let the short hand point at the sun. While holding it like this, cut the angle between the red arrow and 12 o'clock in half, (noon-wards if the time is before 6am or after 6pm), that way is south."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades