Soap suds aren't just for dishwashing! Blow away your family and friends with this cool science experiment.
For this experiment, you'll need the following materials:
The steps for completing the science experiment are as follows:
1. To make bubble solution: Take 1 cup for dish soap and add it to your mixing bowl. Add 3 cups of water, 1/2 cup of corn syrup and mix everything together.
2. Use a spool of wire or a hanger, and have an adult cut off about 8 inches for you. Take your piece of wire and make a loop with it at one end.
3. Twist your loop around six times to securely wrap the wire in place. Once your loop is in place you can form it into other shapes! Test it out.
4. Now, try making a bubble window. You'll need 2 straws and a long piece of string, about 12 inches long. Thread your string through both straws and then tie off the sting. Dip into bubble solution and try it out!
5. Now, take some of your bubble solution and put it on your cookie sheet. Dip your straw into the bubble solution and then hold it just above your cookie sheet. Blow into your straw until you have blown a bubble dome. Try to blow as many as you can!
Remember that you should always work under adult supervision whenever you conduct experiments. So please don't do these projects alone.