What is MnSO4 and MNO2, anyway? They are they molecular formula for Manganese Sulfate and Manganese Dioxide. And you can make one from the other. But how?
Watch this science video tutorial from Nurd Rage on how to make MnSO4 from MNO2 with 2 separate ways with Dr. Lithium.
There are two ways to make manganese sulfate from manganese dioxide, and you'll see both of them. One using sulfuric acid and oxalic acid, and another using sulfur dioxide.
First the manganese dioxide must be thoroughly washed and filtered to remove all soluble contaminants like zinc chloride and ammonium chloride.
In the first method, 30grams of oxalic acid, 300mL of water, and 13mL of sulfuric acid are mixed together. Then the manganese dioxide is continually added until the solution stops bubbling.
In the second method, the manganese dioxide is mixed with water and an excess of sulfur dioxide is bubbled through. The reaction produces manganese dioxide directly.
Finally, after both methods. The mixture is filtered to give pink manganese sulfate.
Brought to you by one of WonderHowTo's favorite scientists, NurdRage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades