This is a running demonstration of the water-pressure powered Tesla CD Turbine III and Magnetic Coupler, running smoothly and safely at up to 1000 rpm at the sink. The CD Turbine is made from recycled CD's and neodymium magnets.
In this video, the Magnetic Coupler is seen levitating in the magnetic field of the CD Turbine. This vividly shows the interaction between magnetic fields. Then, the Magnetic Coupler is engaged at speed with the CD Turbine. The magnetic clutching action is shown, as well as the self-centering effect of the coupler.
I have an Instructable with lots of details on how to build the Tesla CD Turbine at: http://www.cdturbine.com/CD_Turbine/Welcome.html
This video is the first in the SinkScience Series, where I will be performing fun experiments with the versatile CD Turbine, using a kitchen sink as backdrop.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades