Make a reusable glow stick, glow-in-the-dark-style! Imagine, you'll never have to buy one of those ChemLite's again, because you can reuse this homemade glow stick over and over again. This video tutorial will show you how to make a permanent, reusable glow stick. The materials in this experiment are simple: epoxy resin, straw, and some phosphor powder.
C For Chemistry delves into the chemistry of science experiments. This chemist knows what he's talking about. These chemistry experiments are not only fun, but very educational for all of those interested in scientific chemical reactions and properties.
1. Ready the epoxy resin.
2. Copper doped zinc sulfide is added to syringe.
3. Add an equal amount of epoxy resin to the syringe.
4. Stir with a glass rod.
5. Inject mixture into tube (straw).
6. Leave syringe and tube undisturbed until completely hardened.
CHEMISTRY OF IT:
Phosphor powder carries property of phosphorescence, which is a specific type of photoluminescence related to fluorescence. Don't confuse this with chemiluminescence used in commercial glow stick, which depends on energy of chemical reactions.
Check out more of C for Chemistry science videos on WonderHowTo.
Music: Funkorama by Kevin MacLeod @ Incompetech
Licensed under Creative Commons "Attribution 3.0"
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades