Find out how everything in a chemistry lab works, from pipettes to burners to recrystallization to storage. You'll get precise instructions on how to work and perform certain scientific duties in the chem lab, whether it's chemical or just ordinary high school science.
Watch this video on how to perform vacuum filtration in the chemistry lab. As an example of how to separate a supernatant from a precipitate by vacuum filtration, the movie explains the separation of 4-methoxy-2-nitroacetanilide.
This filtration technique uses a water-jet pump or an aspirator. The reduced pressure makes the filtration fast. This is suitable for separation of a precipitate consisting of light and fine particles. Organic precipitates in synthetic experiments are usually collected by vacuum filtration. Because a flat filter paper is employed, the collected precipitate is easily raked. Understanding how to use a three-way stopcock is desirable.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades